Saturday, December 12, 2009

Thursday morning was my first icy, snowy run of the season. It was only 2 miles, but I'm not going to lie- it was AWFUL. When Akitla (my puppy) and I left the house at 7:45 am, it was 13'F with a windchill of -1'. The sidewalks were covered in a thick layer of ice and topped with a thin layer of snow. I ran all winter last year, but this was worse than I remember! I'm sure I just need to get used to the slippery conditions and lack of traction.

It was Akitla's first run while snowing, and she made it her mission to chase every falling snowflake. I'm sure you can imagine- she was a lunatic, darting every which way and pulling on the leash. I did my best to keep my balance.

This morning was my second group run with our team. Julie and I did an easy 3 miles with our coach, Lynnae. The sidewalks were still icy and snowy in most spots, but it wasn't nearly as bad as Thursday morning! Each time I run, it gets easier. My hip definitely appreciates that we're increasing our mileage so gradually.

No comments:

Post a Comment