Saturday, January 9, 2010

I've officially lost my mind! I'm considering switching to the full marathon. I've wanted to ever since Julie and I started training for the half. I'm not going to make any decisions until next month, but I'm increasing my weekly mileage just in case.

This morning we had our group long run in Dewitt- 5 miles. Our coach, Bruce, ran with us the whole time, offering words of encouragement and support along the way. He's been such a wonderful supporter, and I am so thankful for this experience. It was great! We kept ourselves at a nice, easy pace. Before we knew it, we were done! It's amazing to see ourselves progress. A few short years ago, I'd get winded climbing the stairs. Now a 5 mile run is no big deal!

Afterward, we had breakfast pastries, bananas, Gatorade, water, and hot cocoa waiting for us inside the Dewitt Memorial Building. I'm not going to lie- I spent the last two miles of our run anticipating the awaiting hot cocoa (with whipped cream)! It's so nice to have a warm home-base where the team can chat, stretch, and snack. I'm so thankful to all of my teammates who so generously supply us all of us with snacks and goodies each week.

Since I'm psychotic and considering switching to the full marathon, when I got home I grabbed the dog and took her for a 2.5 mile run around Lake Lansing. It was tiring but felt good. I plan to continue to add a few extra miles each week until I decide whether to run the half or full marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment