Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The last few days have been great!

Sunday was a perfect day. I took the dog on a nice and slow 3 mile run around Lake Lansing. I was still a little tired from my 7.5 miles the day before, so I kept things at a relaxed pace. Although I don't normally listen to Dave Matthews Band, I discovered that Crash is the perfect album for slow, easy runs. After we got home, Seth and I went to the YMCA, and I swam laps for 40 minutes. I struggle with my breathing and still don't have much endurance in the pool, but swimming is slowly getting easier. I love it! After all of that hard work, we spent our afternoon relaxing and watching Inglorious Basterds. I couldn't ask for a better day.

I've decided that Mondays will be my official strength training day, so I hit the gym yesterday morning before work. A personal trainer showed me how to use all of the equipment correctly and set me up with a strength training regimen- including how many pounds, sets and reps for each machine. She was so helpful! I really don't enjoy lifting weights, but I realize it's a necessary evil if I want to run long distances injury-free.

Speaking of necessary evils, I signed up for a stretching class on Wednesday nights at the gym. I'm definitely a slacker when it comes to stretching, strength training, and eating before runs.

This morning Julie and I took our dogs up to the Lansing River Trail again for a 4 mile run. It was great! There were none of the expected puppy shenanigans--our dogs ran perfectly with us and were able to focus on running. Of course, every time we stopped, they were pouncing on top of one-another, ready to play. They were adorable.

1 comment:

  1. I am appalled by the quantitative nature of your decision-making process...where is the open-ended option that allows me to justify why you shouldn't switch? :P

    ReplyDelete