Thursday, February 18, 2010

two halves do not make a full

Last month I created a poll asking if I should switch to the full Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon. I had been feeling unsatisfied and like I wasn't pushing myself as hard as I could. Since it was going to be my first race, I wanted it to do my absolute best.

As you've probably guessed, I decided to stick with the half marathon. Although I would have loved to switch, training to run 26.2 miles would just be too time consuming. As it is, I run 5 days and swim 2 days per week. Somewhere in there, I need time to work and study. :)

In lieu of switching to the full marathon, I've decided to run two halves in the spring and train for a full fall marathon. On April 10th, I'll be running the Martian Half Marathon in Dearborn, MI. This will be my first half marathon, so I'll run it solo and the quickest I can. Then, in May when I run the Cincinnati Flying Pig Half Marathon, I can relax, keep pace with the group, and fully enjoy the experience. When I have a bit more time in the summer, I'll train for the Chicago Marathon.

It sounds like a good plan to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment